BASIC RULES OF DR Gerson's DIET
Gerson diet is not a weight-loss diet, it's an alternative method of treatment of many diseases, including cancer. Dr. Gerson therapy is considered quite controversial, because one of the "medicine" used during the treatment is coffee enema. What is the Gerson’s diet? Is Dr. Gerson’s therapy is effective?
Diet of Dr. Max Gerson is regarded by some as an alternative method of treatment of many diseases, mainly civilization diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart and lung diseases. In Dr. Gerson’s view, these diseases are the result of inadequate diet. According to the doctor, traditional food is devoid of basic nutritional value, but it’s rather a source of synthetic additives that poisons the body. Therefore, the number of people struggling with diseases of civilization continues to increase.
Therefore, the purpose of the Gerson therapy is to clear the body of toxins and deposits, as well as to supplement any shortfall nutrients in the body. As Dr. Gerson convinces, this is the only way your body will restore natural ability to self-medicate.
Dr. Gerson’s diet is for anyone who wants to improve their health. But above all it is directed to people who are struggling with lifestyle diseases, especially cancer.
WHAT IS THE GERSON’S THERAPY?
The basis of the Gerson’s diet are fresh juices squeezed from organic vegetables and fruit and coffee enema. The doctor convince, the nutrients in freshly squeezed juices break down diseased tissue, including cancerous tumors. On the other hand enema removes from the liver toxins accumulated in the body. But most importantly, thanks to the enema disintegrated tumor is immediately flushed out of the body, which protects the body against cancer.
DIET of DR Gerson - RULES
Gerson diet is a therapy which lasts for 6 weeks. At that time, the following rules apply:
- 13 times a day you should drink freshly squeezed juice of vegetables and fruits, but, very importantly, only those from organic farming. What juices are recommended for the treatment of Dr. Gerson? Mainly carrots, apples, oranges and green leaves. The juice should be drunk immediately after preparation, in small sips, mixing it with saliva in the mouth.
Dr. Gerson therapy - what is the best juicer to prepare juices?
The best juices are squeezed in the electric slow juicer. Not recommended for use with ordinary juicers.
- The daily menu should include three vegetarian meals (based on vegetables and fruit from organic farming), and whole grains.
- Between meals it’s recommended to consume fresh fruits, such as apples, pears, bananas, oranges and grapes.
- Contact with chemicals in cosmetics should also be reduced.
DIET of DR Gerson - WHAT CAN BE EATEN?
The list of desired products include:
- Vegetables, such as asparagus, artichoke, onion, arugula, parsley and parsley root, red cabbage, green peppers, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, radish, tomatoes, green beans, sorrel, spinach (cooked only)
- herbs coriander, dill, fennel, marjoram, rosemary, sage, saffron, thyme, summer savory
- fruits, such as mangoes, apples, melons, apricots, peaches, pears, plums, grapes
- dried fruit, for example: raisins, but not containing sulfur compounds
- Brown sugar
- horseradish (grated)
- linseed oil (organic)
- brown rice (if not prohibited by a doctor)
IMPORTANT! People struggling with connective tissue disease should not consume citrus fruits and juices on their base. Other people can eat them. Keep in mind that only one citrus juice per day is allowed.
Occasionally, you can reach for, among others, the sweet potatoes (once a week), bananas (1/2 once a week), maple syrup (grade B) or honey (up to 12 tablespoons daily ).
DIET DR Gerson - WHAT YOU CANNOT EAT?
First of all, you should limit table salt , which, according to the doctor, is the greatest threat in the modern diet.
Also animal protein should be eliminated. The doctor convince that the meat of farm animals contains antibiotics, hormones and synthetic enhancers. The human organism is not able to completely digest the meat. An incompletely digested is stuck inside the body in the form of toxins.
In addition, products processed, refined, canned should be eliminated from the menu (and other chemicals), as well as:
- coffee and tea
- white sugar and flour
- animal fats
- some fruit, for example . avocados, blueberries , pineapples
- some vegetables, eg. cucumbers, raw spinach (allowed only boiled)
- coconuts and other nuts
- chocolate and cocoa
- candy; ice cream, cakes and pastries